Cooking simple is the best. When a quick mean is needed this is a go to. With out without noodles.
With noodles i prefer fresh flat white which we add near the end of the cook.
1. Cut the stems from the Choy Sum
2. Wok fill will hot water, garlic, ginger and generous dash of soy
3. bring to boil then reduce heat to med, add the Choy Sum stems.
4. when the stems have softened add in the remaining leaves and the noodles.
5. add flavour for taste, but taste it first yourself,
6. when the stems and leaves are softened plate to a boil and garnish with shallot and chilli.