Everyone needs a Powerful pasta game.
This flavour bomb is loved by all.
Best of all its super simple.
1. Fresh Tomatoes a mix of large and baby.
2. Passata sauce & whole black pepper corns.
3. Fresh herbs especially Basil and Thyme.
Rosemary, oregano and others can work but try to keep it to two herbs, and i promise basil and Thyme is best.
4. Garlic, fresh or paste
5. Fresh Onions and black peppercorns.
1. You need a big bowl and a low flat pan works best.
2. Saute roughly chopped whole onion with drizzle rice bran oil and half a garlic clove sliced finely - saute until lightly brown then take off heat and let it rest.
3. In your big bowl take 1/3 of the saute garlic onion and place it inn your bowl. Medium heat. Add a few freshly chopped large tomatoes, a generous amount of crushed himalayan salt at least a teaspoon (you can add more later for taste) and one whole crushed garlic clove. Pls note Tomatoes can handle salt it brings out the flavour without makng it super salty like ther foods, just add it slowly and taste often.
4. Let this simmer until the tomatoes soften, add 10 or so whole black peppercorns, then add Passata sauce, enough to cover the tomatoes like u cn see in the pictures here. Add fresh basil leaves. stirs and mix while it cooks, lower the heat if its bubbling too much.
5. add the remaining garlic onion saute to the big bowl and stir it in.
6. Add More Fresh Thyme just the tiny leaves, be generous this is the key ingredient to make this sauce WOW. Cut baby tomatoes in half and add a small handful here. Then let this simmer for 5-10 mins until the baby t's soften.
7. Add more fresh basil, salt and pepper to taste.
8. Garnish how ever you see fit this sauce is delicious as a hot or cold soup, fopr pasta of as a base to lasagne or Bourguignon.
Chilli is optional.