Want some serious flavour.
Try this delish slowcooked Veggie Bourguignon.
Casserole dish and lid a must.
The basics = deep red tomato base, red wine, soy, garlic, thyme.
1. Start buy saute onions to clear with light olive oil and garlic, add chopped tomatoes and passata in equal quantity. Add herbs you like for us - thyme, basil, oregano, pepper.
2. once this has reduced a touch pour in a glass or so of red wine not too much keep it deep in texture but not runny at all.
3. put the lid on and simmer heat only.
4. Get out the chopping board and go to work on all your veggies and mushrooms.
5. If u have pre-prepped roasted cauliflower, or potato these can be added very late in the cook (too keep a bit of crunch to the dish).
6. Carrots, brussel sprouts, peas, vut beans, broccoli all cut to smallish bite-sized portions. Add these all to the sauce and top with a little more red wine and a generous splash of soy sauce.
7 Before u close the lid add in a hand ful sprigs of thyme.
8. add salt and pepper and close lid and let simmer for 30-40 mins.
9 check back every 10 to ensure there is no bottom burning, plus a flavour chck is prudent
10. dish up and eat with either crunchy dipping bread, flat bread or saffron infused basmati rice.